Whale dies after swallowing nearly 30kg of rubbishPosted on April 11, 2018 by DrRossH in Plastic Waste News
Twenty-nine kilograms of rubbish including plastic bags, sacks of raffia straw, ropes, nets and a drum were uncovered from the whale’s digestive tract by the local El Valle Wildlife Recovery Centre.
The whale would have been unable to digest or excrete the rubbish, experts said, resulting in its death.
It likely died of peritonitis, an inflammation of the tissue that lines the abdomen, which is usually caused by an infection or a hole in the intestines.
How awful that our rubbish has such a toll on these majestic animals. We all should be so ashamed.